all commercial flights have been accounted for, there are no missing planes
all planes were directed to land at nearest airports
international flights were directed to land outside of the U.S.
CNN - no knives, no curbside check-in and only ticketted passengers past
metal detectors, higher security standards and anyone with e-tickets cannot go directly to the date, you must stop at the ticket
counter to check in
1100 passengers waiting to get back into the United States. The FAA announces that
it will allow very limited travel, starting today. Only allowing airports, that
meet security measures, to open back up. (thanks to Wagahai!)
- More officers on duty at airports, higher expectations for screeners, and more
passenger security checks.
- State Police to guard Logan Airport. Unknown when it will re-open. Random ID
checks will be put in place. Removing all unauthorized vehicles within 300ft.
of the building. Discontinuing curbside check-in. Airlines will not be accepting
cargo or mail. All passengers and airplanes will undergo thorough searches prior
to boarding. FAA is stepping up regulations on all airports.
- The three aircraft over Canada are harmless, they are carrying out humanitarian
missions. No threat.
- To find out which airports are open, after
following strict new guidlines, visit www.fly.faa.gov
- Some rental car companies are offering 1-way
trips with their cars for reduced rates to help stranded passengers.
- FAA discusses plans to put Sky Marshals on future